The Videographer/Editor organizes, shoots, and edits video productions to achieve the desired promotional and/or educational objectives. The Videographer/Editor may function occasionally as Producer and/or Director on video projects by evaluating project objectives and target audience, operating within program format and content to attain desired goals, and staying within budget, time, and facility limitations. The Videographer/Editor interacts with writers, graphic designers, production crews, and other participants involved in multiple productions. The Videographer/Editor works with a variety of clients, project participants, other professional electronic media members, and the general public.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Television Production, Electronic Media or related area is required.
Experience: At least one year of responsible experience in the electronic media production field is required, and must include: knowledge of the principles, techniques, and equipment involved in electronic media productions and familiarity with video styles, formats, and editing techniques. Demonstrated knowledge of non-linear editing systems is required. Experience with Avid non-linear editing systems is preferred. Knowledge of basic electronic engineering principles, techniques, requirements and set-ups is preferred. Strong computer background is preferred. Graphic design experience and/or ability are preferred.
Skills: Creative and innovative skills needed to meet artistic, technical and practical production challenges are required. Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills are required. Effective organizational abilities are required. The ability to work independently with minimal supervision is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required. A strong knowledge of Photoshop, After Effects, and Adobe Illustrator is preferred.
Effort: This position creates and edits video and audio media productions and regularly transports heavy and bulky audio and visual equipment without assistance.
Other: The scope of job frequently requires attendance of evening and/or weekend activities. Occasional travel for production projects is required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Promotes a positive image of the company through the creation of video and audio content and through professional appearance, actions and interaction with clients.
- Exercises creative and technical decision-making during the production of single- and multi-camera presentations by analyzing projects for artistic, technical, time, material, and budgeting requirements, planning and scheduling productions, and determining equipment, crew and location needs.
- Assists in the production of single and multi-camera presentations by exercising creative and technical control of video/audio recording which may require functioning independently as videographer, the producer, and/or director for the production, directing talent for voice, physical presence and actions, and editing the final video.
- Exercises creative decision-making while assembling single and multi-camera presentations of recorded video and audio segments into a completed technically and aesthetically effective presentation.
- Facilitates an efficient office operation by assisting with maintaining files, graphics, and special effects, keeping records of expenses, supplies, and other associated costs and providing required reports of production costs and inventories as directed.
- Ensures the operational condition of departmental equipment by performing repairs, set-ups and preventive maintenance as appropriate.
- Helps to ensure that production equipment is technologically up-to-date and meets the needs of the department by researching, evaluating, and recommending equipment purchases.
- Be proficient in graphic design and motion graphic skills. Responsibility includes designing and animating motion graphics in the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Remains competent and current through self-directed professional development.
- Contributes to the overall success of the company by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Email resume and experience to Lori@fclpnt.com